Enquiries and Replies

1. Request for catalogue by a private customer

8th February 20....
Dear Sirs

Will you please send me a copy of your current typewriter catalogue and price list. I am particularly interested in portables, but require a machine suitable for fairly heavy duty, including stencil-cutting.

Yours faithfully


Reply


Dear Sir

I enclose the catalogue of typewriters for which you ask in your letter of 8th February. It includes particulars of portables by a number of makers. We think the Olivetti "Studio 44" is a machine that would suit your purpose very well.

This machine weighs 7kg and is heavier than most portables, but even so it is conveniently portable when carried in its case. A type-face suitable for stencil-cutting could be supplied.

We have one of these machine in stock and, if it is convenient for you to call, we shall be pleased to let you try it.

Yours faithfully


2. Request to a dealer who has been recommended

18 March 20....
Dear Sir
My friend, Mr W Stevens of 29 High Street, Derby, recently bought from you an electric lawn-mower. He is delighted with the machine and has recommended your firm to me.
I need a similar machine, but smaller, ans should be glad if you would send me a copy of your catalogue and any other information that may help me to make the best choice for my purpose.
Yours faithfully
Reply
22 March 20....
Dear Sir
I enclose a catalogue and current price list of our lawn-mowers as requested in your letter of 18 March. The machine bought by your friend was a 38 cm "Ransome". The "Ransome" is an excellent machine, but it is not made in any size smaller than 30 cm. If you should want a smaller size than this, we can recommend the "Panther Junior". You will find particulars on page 15 of the catalogue.
We have this and several other small machines in stock and should be glad to show them to you if you care to call.
Yours faithfully
0 Responses